6.10.2010

The trouble with dating is...

plans! Or lack thereof. I am a "plans" kind of girl. I like to have a schedule and know what I am doing. So this whole "let's schedule a date" business throws me off. I want to know when! Throw me a bone! **New prospect, let's call him... R2P. Ok that's kind of a weird name but since I don't know him all that well I don't have a good undercover name for him! Let's just say, he's cute and funny and pretty nice so far. I decided to be bold and tell him when I am available for our date (after he told me he'd email me to set something up Wednesday and I never got an email)! So upon consult with my BFF, we concluded I could email him*** and just explain that I like plans! Well, I didn't scare him away with my approaching him! Bottom line is I've scored a tentative date for tomorrow night! [I say tentative because I always get let down so I've decided not to trust that it will occur until it actually is happening]

***now I realize the great single gal would just ho hum and bum around til he emailed for a date *but* I:
a) do not have patience (ya ya ya it's a damn virtue, I know this.)
b) am not too great at the dating game
c) think that we had a great connection when we ran into each other at the lake earlier this week! 

So I decided to be bold and just do it! And he even said he gives me points for that. Woo.

there are many other troubles with dating that they each deserve their own post!

With some good red wine
And my brand new shoes
Gonna dance a blue streak around my living room
Take a chance on love, and try how it feels
With my heart wide open
Yeah, you know I will
Find what it means to be the girl
Who changed her mind
And changed the world
*settlin', sugarland

No comments: