6.23.2010

he's just *not* that into you.

"Calling when you say you're going to call is the very first brick in the house you are building of love and trust. If he can't lay this one stupid brick down, you ain't never gonna have a house, baby. And it's cold outside." -He's Just Not That Into You, the book.

It's a simple concept. One that I tend to forget. If he likes you, he's going to call you. I watched HJNTY last night for a little refresher. Just a little ego boost to remind myself, in this world of dating and constant communication, I need to "check out", lay off, and chill out.

It's a tough world out there for a single girl!

"I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting." - Mary, He's Just Not That Into You (the movie)

Oh and another quote specific to Mr. CH (recently received "Das Boot" ) ... The one I kept making excuses for...
"He is a man made up entirely of your excuses. And the minute you stop making excuses for him, he will completely disappear from your life."
So far, so true.


No comments: