2.06.2009

apprehensive.

I am going to see a movie tonight wtih my new roomie, Jen! I am very excited. We're going to see "he's just not that into you". I read the book. It was okay. It is sort of true but it's also common sense, you know? If someone doesn't like you they're not going to call you. If they're not INTO you, then they why would they make an effort? I am curious to see the movie. Besides, Jennifer Aniston is in it and I have a massive girl crush on her! But along those lines, I feel like I haven't really had to deal with any stuff like that yet. I haven't had to "play the game". I am not good at it. If I like someone, I want to talk to them. I want to dive in, head first. I have a major problem with instant gratification. When I want something, I want it right now. No waiting. No patience. I don't want to wait around for 3 days for someone to call me, wondering, "does he like me?". Stupid. I hate it. With that said, I don't want to mess up. I would hate to lose something by making stupid mistakes, like being annoying or a creeper (which I am for sure a pro at).

When I think back on my relationships, the two sorta serious ones, there was no 'dating'. There was no 'game playing'. Unfortunately, it's been with people who are similar to me in that they want something right away and so do I. Two people who want something right away and BAM.

The reason I am writing this blog is sort of about love. Next week is Valentine's Day [It's also Kelly and Tracy's Bday!]. I am lucky because as of now, I have a date! Yay! Two, actually! Kelly and I are having breakfast for her birthday. I have my evening plans, too. I am moving during the day. I guess I just sometimes question the audacity of the male gender. I think that if someone [a man] isn't interested in you, say it. If you don't like someone, don't break it to them gently. It's a hard world. If you're in a pretty serious relationship and then you wake up one day and decide you don't love them anymore, don't lead them on.

I guess I'm not really one to talk. It's not that easy. I know that. I wish it were. I went back and read some of these blogs and, wow. "David and I are broken up", "David and I back together". We would break up. I'd crawl back. Same story for months. Since May of 2008. I am glad it's finally over. I have been happier in the past few weeks than I have in a long time. I am getting ready for this new phase in my life. I am moving to a new city with a new friend. It's almost like whitney on the city, except instead of moving to NYC to pursue my fashion dreams I am moving to Woodbury to get out of the city for a while :)

Alright, time for the weekend!


No comments: