10.12.2010

fatass.

You know that feeling, when you put on your favorite pants and they're too tight? Or they rip? Don't worry, it has happened to me, too. The first was fall of 2005, I was wearing my FAVORITE coveted Hollister jeans I bought right before high school graduation. I was devastated. I hadn't even been in college a month but apparently gained enough weight for my favorite jeans to rip straight up the back side. The 2nd time was February of 2009. I remember it specifically. I put on my favorite Silver Jeans and they

just.
wouldn't.
button.

Sooo, I forced them on. Once they were on, however, they were SO tight. They ended up ripping. I thought maybe they shrunk but then I realized, no, you're fat.

This past weekend, I was shopping with Ella in Mankato. We went to Old Navy, where the jeans are on sale for $16! I picked up a pair and erred on the side of caution with the size. I got a pretty big size thinking, geez no way will this fit me. But guess what. It did. I bought the pants. I think I bought them because I figured I might as well embrace my obesity and wear jeans that fit.



This morning at work, my gut looked extra large. With that said, I e-mailed my BFF..

To: Ella
From: Leah
Subject: OMG

My gut is large. and in charge. I'm re-joining the gym. TONIGHT.


Bottom line: I don't want to be fat anymore. I want to work out, lose 20 lbs and life will be fine. My confidence is pretty down, and not to mention, I am sick of my ginourmous boobs!

I'll keep you posted.




1 comment:

Meagan Linn said...

go leah, go! and you're not a fatass...not at all. you are beautiful and i love you and i miss you and did i mention that you're beautiful and i miss you?