9.17.2010

My Stupid Mouth


{image from http://ilovecharts.tumblr.com/page/2}


Throughout my experience over the past year and half of dating, I've learned quite a few things about myself. One of these things is that I've learned that I tend to put my foot my in mouth. I say things without thinking and have often been referred to as having "no filter". It is interesting because some people have really liked that about me (my friend Kelly's boyfriend thinks it's great and has said that it's definitely something that will help me in my future, especially if I get into advertising as I want to). Other people HATE it. Corey, for example. He told me that one of the reasons he wouldn't be serious with me is because he's scared I'd say something in front of his friends or family without thinking about it and I'd embarrass him.

For a while I was going on a late of first dates - simple coffee dates or maybe a drink here and there. The majority turned into nothing - there was no chemistry. Fine. But I think that I probably did something, said something stupid, made a comment, that deterred the person from wanting to go out again. Since I've learned these lessons, I've decided to be more careful about what I share and what I can save.

And this song is the story of my life:


I also want to share this link... It's my definition on Urban Dictionary of some advice I was given, that I tend to not follow.

lmz

My stupid mouth
Has got me in trouble
I said too much again
To a date over dinner yesterday
And I could see
She was offended
She said "well anyway..."
Just dying for a subject change

No comments: