11.09.2007

Christmas is overrated.

I like decorating and spending time with my family. I think it's dumb that people spend *so* much money and useless stuff. I don't know, Christmas in my family has always been either really laid back, or really depressing. It's never a big deal. We go to Grandma's, we eat, and we talk. I am still lucky I guess that no one expects me to buy gifts. I mean, I understand the meaning of the gifts but I think some people go overboard, don't you? That's just society. Maybe I'm just bitter....I never really liked the idea of Christmas. I like the "Idea" of it, I mean the reason for it, but I think it's lost it's point. God doesn't want people spending $500 on a 10 year old, wouldn't he rather have that money be spent to do something good? Or something for the good of the whole family?? Oh well. I like Thanksgiving better and I think Christmas should be like that, too...I mean I appreciate a nice little gift for Christmas, don't get me wrong.

Oh well. I'm just bitter about holidays. I was reading my old diary a couple weeks ago that my grandma gave me Xmas of 7th grade, and it was like "I hate christmas. I hate being around my family, they are crazy and we never have fun. I wish I just lived with grandma, I hate my brothers and my mom". *laughing* Kind of funny, I suppose.

Life sure isn't what you think it is. *sigh*.

Still looking forward to Yoga in the AM.

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've brought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow

No comments: