1.06.2012

twenty twelve.

Welcome, 2012. I'm happy to see you.

You see, 2011 was a rough year. The first 8 months seriously tested me. My patience. My strength. It was bad. The latter half was...better. I got out of a bad living situation, came to terms with the loss of a 7 year friendship, and really catapulted myself into my professional career and activities.

I didn't make any new year's resolutions because I think that each day is a new day. If you want to change something, make a decision to do it, don't wait until a new year to do so. I have changes I want to make. I have personal and professional goals I want to achieve. I'm looking forward to going after these, and to getting a balance in my life.

1 comment:

Barkeep said...

I tend to agree with you, don't use the start of a new calendar as the catalyst to make changes in your life. I won't say that a new year's resolution can't work, it has worked for me in the past... but I agree with you, every day is the start of a new year in your life, so go for it whenever the time is right to stop making the mistakes of the past and proactively change the future.

As I noted previously, I am trying to reduce my Diet Pepsi intake, and chose Jan. 1 to make it happen. So far, so good, but it's going to take months, if not years, to instinctively reach for something other than Diet Pepsi. And by something other I don't mean Coke Zero.

No, I'm not writing content for the saloon at this point, but I hope you'll keep doing what you're doing, so I have somebody to read and provide feedback to. We also have email addresses if you're interested in keeping in touch.