4.13.2012

This blog.

This blog has been a journal for me. Never really shared with anyone other than a couple close friends, it's something I used to vent. When I started it in 2006 (2007?), I was 19 years old, and in my first 'grown up' relationship. I lived wih my boyfriend. I later moved out. And I think I moved back in. That one didn't end until 2009. And then sort-of started again in 2010? As of today, we're still good friends. I love looking back and seeing how I've changed, and I want to continue to keep this, even if it's just for myself.

There's something about reflection that gets me. Reflecting on where I've been, where I've come from and I'm going to. Take my last post, for example. So much has happened since then. I'm dating a new boy (man). He's wonderful - better than anything I could have ever asked for. I still can't believe it, and I ask myself quite often "Is this real life?".

More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog via a poster to another blog I read (funny how that works).

It is indeed comical to reflect on one's life and past laments, especially when doing so from an elevated view of retrospect. A year ago today, I was preparing for the burial of my very dear grandmother, debating on whether the guy I was dating was married or not (I broke up with him a few days later), and starting a new (dead-end) job that I'd basically been force fed by the company I work for.

A month later, I met the man whom is now my husband (we married last month), and we are expecting our first child on my birthday. I plan on being a stay-at-home mom (as long as we can afford it), and have NO CLUE what the future holds. If you'd told me a year ago that at this point I'd be married and with child, I'd have spat on the ground in disgust.

Life happens that way. And I'm thrilled. Please do keep us posted on your life's progress!